PDA

View Full Version : October Outlook and Last Weekend Report 9/30/2009

Mike Allen
09-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Fishing has still been good to excellent. We are catching nice limits of 16 to 19 inch walleyes. Even in the wind over the last couple of days we have managed to come in with nice stringers. Most of the fish we are catching are keepers. We are still fishing all of our favorite spots on Lake Sharpe. There have also been some nice fish being caught on Francis Case. Minnows have been the best with some fish being caught on crawlers. Also the boats pulling artificials have been doing well.

Here is my weekend fishing report. We had an excellent weekend of fishing, except for one day (Sun 50 mph winds). On Friday I had a group from the Sioux Falls, SD area. The day started a little slow 4 fish by 10:00 a.m., but once we found the fish we had our limit by noon. Then went and fished for smallies. Slow for the smallies. Caught 6 in 2 hours. I believe Darold caught the most fish, but I am sure Sherlyn would argue. On Sat and Sunday I had a group out from Owatanna, MN. We had my customers limit caught by noon (3 people). Also picked up a 18 3/4 inch smallie caught by Gerald. Went and looked for some spots out of the wind for the next day knowing the wind was supposed to blow 50. The next day we got blew off at 11:00a.m. We ended up with 5. Not bad considering the wind was blowing over 40 at 9:30 p.m. On Sunday and Monday I had a group from the Beresford, SD area. On Monday the wind blew 35mph most of the day. We stayed out and battled it and caught our limit by 2:00 p.m. On Tuesday we were rewarded with our efforts from the day before and got into the fish early in the day. We had our limit by 10:30 a.m. Lots of action and very nice sized fish. One over 20 inches caught by Gloria. On Monday Wayne caught most of the fish and on Tuesday Gloria did.

Our fishing for October looks to be excellent all the way through. Our area is the best area to fish if you want to have the best chance to get your limits everyday. The whole summer I only had 2 days that I did not catch our limits (over 100 trips). One day we quit at 1:30 p.m. 2 fish short and I got blown off at 11:00a.m. on Sunday.

If you are looking for a fall fishing trip give us a call. If you cannot get ahold of Garry at the Hillside Motel my direct line is 605-680-1054. Garry is hunting alot of ducks and is not always around his phone.

Mike Allen