PDA

View Full Version : Ford R. or where?

rambler
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Seems like several days ago there had been a pretty good bite day and night down near the Ford R.
Is that still going on?
I am hoping to get our this afternoon/evening. What about the Upper Bay or Black Bottom?
Any news or advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

The Bait Shop Guy
09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
There's a pretty good South East wind blowing today. That should turn the fish on, but it'll be rough on the water. Looks like the wind is supposed to die down at sunset - should be a decent night bite. Depending on how much rain we get, Saturday should be good, too.

rambler
09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey Chris,
Thanks for the news. Where would be your first pick to start fishing?

The Bait Shop Guy
09-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you. It was much windier than predicted, so it would have made fishing pretty difficult in most areas of the bay. I ended up going out Escanaba this afternoon to work some of the breaklines north of town. Using a drift sock, I was able to slip-drift the breaks with Lindy rigs tipped with redtail chubs. I ended up with two 18 inch walleyes, 2 smallmouth, and a pike.

upfisherman98
09-26-2009, 01:29 AM
river tomorrow , as far as I know the bite has still been decent , will be buyin a few more of those cranks before I head out . Will make a report when I get back .