PDA

View Full Version : Ty my Pacemaker lost an eye

jkahler
09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
to a 38 1/2 today. Will it still work? :D Maybe I'll glue in a big googly eye from my mom's craft stuff.

Snizz
09-23-2009, 08:35 AM
I find the more beat up my PM's are, the better they work!

dfkiii
09-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I find the more beat up my PM's are, the better they work!

No kidding Snizz. I've got an old black wood PaceMaker that always produces. It also has one eye, thus its nickname: One Eyed Jack. When the going gets tough, Jack is a go to lure...

Yake Bait
09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I firmly believe that fishing lures work better with one eye.

Had to repaint my favorite wood pacemaker this year and I took the original sticky eyes off. It now has no eyes and as such has no fear of being chased or eaten by a musky. Works better yet. It should go without saying that even a blind pacemaker can catch a musky.

My favorite topraider lost an eye a few years ago. The two original eyes were red. Instead of replacing with a red eye, I put a chartreuse eye in its place. Eliminating the dual rose color vision made it see things from a broader perspective and thus it indeed catches more fish.

A few years ago my buddy caught his very first musky on a one eyed stillwater. Interesting thing was that the musky also had only one eye. Even better, this musky was 48" long. Not bad for a first musky.

Ty Sennett
09-23-2009, 08:54 PM
I like the one eyes bait catching a one eyed muskie. Not every day you can do that. Pretty impressive!

jkahler
09-23-2009, 11:49 PM
I think I'll put it like a red or white eye to go with the orange one..and name it marilyn manson.