PDA

View Full Version : First Musky

StinKbait Boy1
09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Finally got that first Musky late afternoon on Sunday. Fishing the southern portion of Cranberry, in the pilings, using a black topraider with a red tail. Half of the fun was getting to see the strike! As always, tahnks to Wild Eagle Lodge, Derrick and Musky Matt! Enjoy the t-shirts and wear them with Stinkbait Boy pride!

StinKbait Boy1
09-22-2009, 11:50 AM
For your enjoyment, here is a nice pic of the Stinkbait we whipped up this trip - we actually ate most of it. Steve called it "Chili Con Ramen". And remember, if you aren't catching fish, there is something wrong with YOU!.

StinKbait Boy1
09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Here is nice pic.

WildEagleDerek
09-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Congrats on that first muskie John! What a beauty! Now Steve just needs to get one. The shirts are awesome and will be worn with pride. Send me the recipe for that chile con ramen. We'll consider adding it to the Boondockers food menu. I wish you hadn't posted that original stinkbait photo, I was just starting to forget that wonderful "surprise" you "Boyz" left behind on your first visit.

I didn't have any housekeepers quit Sunday, so your condo couldn't have been that trashed. A few did call in sick though the day after yours was cleaned. Hopefully, they won't get a lawyer. If I end up needing one, I know who to call.

See if you can get the crew up for the fall muskie school, Oct 9-11th.

Take Care. See you soon.

Derek

StinKbait Boy1
09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Derek - we actually cleaned up (a bit) after ourselves this time. I think we put a little bit of everything in the Chili Con Ramen. Steve added the "Ramen" noodles on Sunday night (the third night since we made it). We had that for breakfast on Monday and still seem to be alive. There were also 4 types of hot sauces, three types of hot peppers, bacon, onions, cumin, cayenne, chili powder, garlic, refried beans and ground beef.

We hid a bowl of it somewhere on the Wild Eagle Lodge grounds - did the maids or any staff find it yet?

Sid Chigger
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Nice Fish! Congrats!

WildEagleDerek
09-22-2009, 05:39 PM
To my knowledge the mystery bowl hasn't been located. Not sure if coons, skunk, fox, deer or bear would eat that stuff, a blind possum might.
...The search begins.

Jeremy Hopland
09-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Nice first fish there! I'm still looking for one like that. Not sure I want to know what was in that first pile of "stinkbait"... :eek:

Muskie Matt
09-23-2009, 07:08 AM
That's an excellent first muskie! And I have to say good work to all the stinkbait boys, after hearing the story and listening to you guys describe your tactics... you all have learned well, very well. I had wondered if the "stinkbait" impeded impulses in the cerebrel cortex but I see there are no detrimental or lasting side effects and there may even perhaps be physiological benefits to the human body after consuming your secret "stinkbait".

You boys shoot up north again if you can, I think we're ready to take you guys to the next level...

Good job with the fish, that 100mph knee shake is cool isn't it?

StinKbait Boy1
09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
I gotta say, Matt, my knees and hands shook for ten minutes after that thing hit me on the surface - a total thrill. Anyway, I almost pulled off coming up here for the October outing, but Steve's grandfather turns 90 that weekend and apparently that is cause for celebrating. I told Steve to move the party to Wild Eagle Lodge but some people may not survive the trip up north. Funny thing, my wife volunteered to come up with me, but that might start a dangerous precedent.