PDA

View Full Version : Youth in the Out of Doors

The Bait Shop Guy
09-21-2009, 10:34 PM
National Hunting and Fishing Day is Saturday, September 26th. To help get kids started with outdoors activities, the Great Lakes Sport and Recreation club will be hosting the annual Youth in the Out of Doors event, sponsored by several local sportsmens groups. Activities are free of charge and include trap shooting, fishing, rifle shooting (.22 cal), archery shooting, and a pelt exhibit. Check the attached poster for contact info.

The Bait Shop Guy
09-25-2009, 08:05 PM
I know it's a little late, but if you're a member of the BDNGLSF and would like to volunteer a little of your time at the trout pond, it would be greatly appreciated. Not much to it, just bait the hooks and unhook the fish for the kids.

fishmaster
10-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey Chris, I've been away from the site(and fishing) for awhile, a heart attack will do that to ya!!! But I'm getting back into the flow now and I just wanted to say that I took my Grandson to the Youth event and it was great, he and most other kids I saw had a blast. I would highly recommed this event for anyone that wants to get kids interested in the outdoors. Very well runa nd set up, a great time--thanks to all those who volunteered and worked the event.