PDA

View Full Version : Cold front fishing

Esky Moe
09-20-2009, 11:13 AM
With a chill down predicted for next weekend (and this being one of my few times getting out on Little Bay) does anyone have any recommendations?
Also, I only have a 14'er with a 9.9 that limits my moveability so I usually fish close to shore.
Thanks in advance!

Kevin Lee
09-20-2009, 11:39 AM
"Esky Moe",
A good friend of mine has been having no trouble catching his limit of walleye at the north end. He is not fishing too scientifically either. Just drifting with Lindy Rigs (slip sinker on the line with about 4 foot leader to a floating jighead tipped with a 2 inch piece of crawler). He is also catching some darn nice perch. The other day he caught 18 perch between 10-13 inches, and he wasn't even fishing for them! Thursday when it was windy, he was releasing lots of keepers. The wind made it hard to fish, but it also turned on the fish!!! He didn't say what the best color was on the floaters, but a couple weeks ago he came in and bought 20 of the small size chartreuse Walleye's Choice floaters, so I would guess that color has been good! He is more or less not straying too far from center reef. Hope this helps and good luck...Kevin Lee