PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

dpear
09-18-2009, 06:27 AM
A week ago my good friend Barry was up here with his dad and they had the trip of a lifetime.Lots of fish-10 ONE day-and a number over 50 including a gorgeous 54.Top of the world.
The last few days have been fabulous for me with incredible numbers and a few biggies.Top of the world.
I come in last nite after a great evening with Frank-including a couple after dark 'blind' figure strikes/catches and we both are on top of the world.
Then I sit down at my computer to see whats new.No more 'Top Of The World' for awhile.One of Barrys young sons has been diagnosed with a serious disease and is undergoing difficult treatment.Why I wonder?Why the young?Why not us old farts?You know all the questions one ponders when you get this type news.His sons are all great athletes,this one is a champion wrestler(plays all high school sports I think)and I hope he 'pins' this opponent and wins this match.I'm confident he will.Tough,sad DAM deal!
Frankly I'm not an internet 'prayer request' guy but if you have a higher power and are in contact,consider saying a word for this boy please,he's a good one.My contact with a higher power is tenuous but I'm putting in a request.
Didn't sleep much,admit I'm rambling here in the wee hours,but all of a sudden fishing isn't quite the same.
Keep things real,enjoy fishing and life,take your kids if you have them,stay well.I'm with ya Barry.
Dick
Perspective.I lose it now and then.Some things are way more important than others.

Muskie Junkie
09-18-2009, 07:32 AM
DP, although I do not know Barry personally, I remember meeting him a few years back when, Sully, Frank, you and I shared a few cigars with him sitting out some thunderstorms up on Cushings back porch. I will send my prayers out to this young man. As you know, my children are very important to myself and when it comes to them, fishing always takes a back seat. The young are strong and can fight through these things better than us old farts. God bless and I will keep him in my prayers.

Steve Ruhmann

nmhunter
09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Consider that done. Butch & Wendy

fishwizard
09-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I've only talked to Barry a few times, but it doesn't take but a minute to know that he is as good a guy as there is. Sorry to hear about his boy, good luck to him and a strong will to fight through it with as little difficulty as possible.

Ryan

rockpt
09-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Thinking of you and your friend.

Scott