PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Sorry about no reports lately, but the old computer was out of order since Sept. 9th. The water levels continue to drop, the walleye action has been up and down, the panfish action on the cribs remain very good, and it's been a very warm September so far as every day for a week has been in the upper 70's with bright sky's and little or no wind, talk about keeping hydrated.

The walleyes, when on a decent feed, have been much more aggressive toward minnows compared to crawlers, just the opposite on the panfish part. Saturday's walleye tourney was held despite only 12 anglers signed up and a good number of fish were registered, mostly on the small side, but some decent fish were also caught. Doug Watts from Mercer had the longest walleye measuring just over 19 inches, while yours truly was second with a 17-5/8's incher and my fishing partner, Don Brunner was third with a 16-1/2 incher. Great food following the event at Dear Lodge.

The walleye for the most part have been active in 6 to 8 feet of water over old stump fields, between Saturday's tourney and Sunday's trip with 3 relatives, some 30 plus eyes were caught out of these area's. Can't say the same thing about todays action as my client and I found nothing what so ever in these area's, but we did switch over to lighter jigs and crawlers and boated several gills and jumbo perch out of the cribs and also from the submerged stumps.

With very little water movement out there, the water is really getting dirty and is also turning pea green, water temps are back up to 73 degrees, hard to believe for this time of year.

Back out tomorrow, will keep you posted.