PDA

View Full Version : Lake Erie Perch Just OK, Walleye Night Bite Very Good

Captain Tom Straus
09-14-2009, 11:13 AM
This weekend we really enjoyed some good perch fishing with my new friends The Jerry Wetzel Group. Paul and JT were great seeing these young guys really enjoy all the different ways we fished for these various Lake Erie Walleye's and Yellow Perch. We trolled, casted and anchored for those tasty Fillets. We ended up catching 135 Yellow Perch and 12 Walleye's trolling 40 jet divers at 95 back using mostly perch colored J-7's and purple demon stinger spoons. We talked these guys into going night fishing for Walleye's on the rocks they all agreed we left at 7:30 PM. Boy am I glad we did, there was no wind and just the most buetiful night me and Willey have seen in many years. WE went to Niagara Reef casting Reef Runners and Husky Jerks, the walleye's just weren't there. We did not give up, went down to Crib Reef and the walleye's were there thick. Caught 16 walleye's some in the 5-6 lb range on all different colors. Paul, 11 years old caught the most, I believe 4 and had many more hooked up. It was of the best trips we have had this year, with a great group of guys.