PDA

View Full Version : Thurs. Sept. 10th

CaptainKenLee
09-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Another beautiful day on the bay yesterday. Pete and Rich traveled all the way from Dayton Ohio to try and catch some northerns. We got on the water around 2:30 and started casting spinnerbaits for the toothy critters, but right away I knew it wasn't going to be a great day. The water temperature has crept back up to 73 degrees in the bay and that's not good for the big gators. It's great for the walleyes, but big pike don't like water that warm. We managed three pike from 24 to around 30 inches, released them all. We finally gave up on the pike after a few hours and I said let's go catch some fish. We headed to our walleye spot, got the lines in the water at 6:30 and by 7:45 we were done. It was fast and furious, with two doubles, a triple, and we ended the day with one fish in the net on the bottom of the boat and another 5 fish on at the same time. It was crazy! We only managed to land three of the five, but that was fine, I only wanted to take 2 fish home anyways. Kevin and Theresa have a new fish fryer that needs to be tested out this weekend. Walleyes Choice harnesses (I-51 was good again) as well as a homemade concoction that I stumbled across last week that's real close to a C-27. I don't think color made much of a difference yesterday though, the fish were on fire! Here's some pictures of our trip, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPzN8JJo8zQ