PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good Muskie tournament?

Kevin McGill
09-11-2009, 12:19 AM
There are several muskie hunters out there that would love to change the rules , that the IMTT, and the PMTT, has set for their Tournaments. For years, the directors and officers of the IMTT, have come up with best rules, based on the history of past events. And still , not everyone who enters are happy. Some seek $$$$, Some seek notoriety, some seek competition.. What of the men and women, who spend endless hours to make these tournaments work. For all their effort, ie,.[IMTT], Their Cause, to strengthen the fishery in Illinois, and all they ask , is that you Trust and obey the rules that is set before you, as well as having a good day of fishing with old and new friends....
As for me, as Tournament Director of the LSMC, This rule change, , and a new way to start the teams in the morning is a test. It was concept to reduce the confusion at the ramp site, and I am hoping that everything will go well, Sunday Morning at 9th street-Give it a chance, Its all I ask.

Kevin McGill

muskellunged
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I would really like to see a digital photo witness system. It is the fastest way to verify a length and release the fish. Each participant would be required to have a digital camera, a bumpboard, a musky sized net and a pair of hook cutters like Knipex or similar. Take a picture and let it go- eliminate the waiting game and the "advertising" of your location to the tourney field via marine radio. Want to head way North? With this format, you can, and won't have to worry about finding a witness and holding a musky too long!