PDA

View Full Version : Tues. Sept. 8th

CaptainKenLee
09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I had the pleasure of fishing with some very nice folks from Black River Falls Wisconsin yesterday afternoon. Lee and Carole have been wanting to make this trip for a couple of years now. We finally got them out on an absolutely gorgeous day. In fact, I think it was too nice for the first couple hours of the trip. No wind and very bright conditions had our fish pretty skittish. We got on the water at 4 p.m. and had our lines in the water around 4:30. At 7 p.m. we only had two fish in the box and had lost another two, they were biting pretty light too, just barely holding on to the harness long enough to get the hooks into them. I decided that we'd stay out a little longer if needed since it was so nice out and they came so far to fish. We made a couple of passes over some structure with crankbaits...it was worth it! They got to see just how good the fishing can be and how fast you can put fish in the boat when you finally find some biters. They both commented that this was, "the trip of a lifetime". Sometimes a plan comes together. We wouldn't have had to stay out much longer at all, but we kept losing fish for some reason. I think Lee lost 4 or 5 nice ones, three of them right at the boat as I was reaching for the net. Frustrating...you bet, but in the end he caught up to his wife Carole and they each landed some very nice fish. Here's a picture of our catch, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJkfXeQWCAs

xraygirl_77
09-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Here is a picture of my 26" walleye I got last night! We ended up with 4 keepers from 16" to 26" and lost one at the boat. It's beautiful out, so hopefully we will get out again soon. Good luck everyone and thanks again to Captain Ken for taking us out last week!
PS~Thanks Kevin..but I think I figured out how to compress my pictures6940

CaptainKenLee
09-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Way to go girl...nice fish! And yes...it was beautiful out there.