PDA

View Full Version : Fox Chain 9-7-09

pgutmann
09-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Did a little something different last Sunday and for the 1st time ever; went to Lake Michigan to fish salmon with my good friend "Musky" Russ. Weather man said NNW winds at 10 to 15 by 9am in the morning; winds were coming out of the NE at 15 plus, so needless to say there was some pretty good size rollers rocking into the harbor area. Action was very slow and water clarity was really dingy. Russ managed a small 5 pound king on the flat off the south rocks. Fish ate a 3/4 oz Glow / Green Crocidile. There were probably 40 to 50 fisherman casting from the rocks and we only saw one guy with a fish. We made several trolling passes just outside the harbor, and were not even marking fish on the graph. Water temps ranged 53.5 to 56 depending where you were. Packed it in at noon and stopped at Big Norms for lunch (great Burger!!!!)

Went out on the Fox on Thursday. The algae is starting to die off as the water temps are coming down. Absolutely "NASTY" in Marire and Bluff. Started out in Petite around 6:15AM. Got hit on a LacSuel Turbo around 6:45 in the channel leading to Fox. 35.25". Around 8 AM got hit again on the turbo but from a very large LM Bass which I then proceeded to lose about half way back to the boat. Went back north to fish the rock point on Marie and then Channel and Catherine; zero! Water temps ranged from 68-70. Clarity not too bad in spots even with the dying bloom. Kinda of reminded me on being on LOTW in the heat of the summer over the years. Always best not to wear white with dying bloom unless you want you t-shirt tie-dyed green (LOL).