PDA

View Full Version : Lake Webster

Perwel
08-31-2009, 06:19 PM
My son and I are excited to get the opportunity to fish northern Indiana this weekend while visiting a non-fisherman friend. I'm just looking for some advise with regards to the body of water, amount of boat traffic, lure types, noteworthy areas of the lake, dangerous areas of the lake, etc. Although from Pennsylvania, I'm an avid muskie fisherman but mostly in Canada. I also prefer to troll but can adapt if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.

See you on the water and thanks!

Dan

steven
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
This is NOT the weekend to muskie fish there. The pontoons will be in FULL force. They will cut in front of you and other stuff to upset a muskie fisherman. I can tell you the water is cool for this time of year.
all depends on what water you are on.
steve

Mike Hulbert
09-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Webster will be rockin' and rollin' this weekend...it will be like fishing in a Wal-Mart parking lot...the boats will be out of control from 7:00 am till dark.

Be careful out there!

I would suggest casting not trolling as well. Dawgs and crankbaits have been decent.

rustyman
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Maybe you should look at Barbie, at least you can go into non skiing lakes and only deal with the pontooners that like to ride up beside you too close then wave happily. Last week I threw my bait at a boater and caught a muskie with the cast. Lesson: throw your baits at close driving boaters.

Perwel
09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the tips. Sounds like a PA lake north of Pittsburgh. I'll do some careful scouting this WE and maybe return after the holiday when the temperature drops.

Thanks again

Toad
09-03-2009, 09:53 PM
The only way to fish it would be at night. Daytime would be worse than hell with the pleasure boaters, waverunners and pontoons. Pontoons will cut in between you and shore even if you are only a short cast away from it. Ridiculous. And then they will stare at you like you are in their way. These are the same people that complain that there are weeds in the lake because the chopped up weeds are all over in the water. CAn't imagine why? Possibly because you are driving your pontoon through 2 foot water without even realizing it? Aaarrggh. This free country stuff is nonsense. I want a fisherman ruling class with muskie fishermen as the Kings. Jetskiers will be the serfs. Serfs up dudes.