PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Everyone at AML!

DanR
08-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Steve & Co.,

Chuck and I got home safe yesterday. Let me say again that AML is the best, and thanks to everyone there for making it THE fishing destination in Canada. Some people who specifically deserve mention...

Theresa, Tracy, & the rest of the kitchen staff!!! You guys are the best. There with anything a guest needs. Great food...I always gain a few pounds when I am up there!! :)

Cal (x 3), Scott J. (x 2), & Mike (x 1) who all guided us this week. First, great seeing you guys again. It's always fun to see you guys on the dock the first morning and shoot the sh!t. Scott, special thanks for guiding me to the 51"...we now have our retribution for the one of similar size I lost back in 2007! :) Cal, wow, we really gave the fish hell this past week and oh my what could have been Thursday AM; it was truly special to share that moment with you and Chuck even though it didn't end the way we would have hoped. Mike, congrats on the marriage!

Herbie...well, thanks for just being you man. It is a privilege to call you a friend. You continue to amaze with your insight and knowledge into these great fish. You run the best camp in Canada.

My friend Chuck. We have proven to be a great combination. Helping each other out, watching each others baits, swapping the hot bait of the day, switching positions in the boat, etc...all to make sure everyone is getting chances at these great fish. See ya soon, and cannot wait til next year!!

Finally, it was great chatting with our friend Rob in the evenings. It was also cool to meet Bill Hedden. What a nice guy Bill is. I think a lot of Musky fisherman could learn a lot from Bill. He quietly goes about his business, fishing secondary & lesser known spots with his home-made baits...and he outfished EVERYONE in camp this week. I hope to see Rob and Bill up there again next year!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've posted about Eagle Lake in the past. But it is true! The Musky fishery is on fire. It really does keep getting better, year after year. Whatever the Ministry of Resources is doing...i hope they keep doing it!!! :D There are so many 42-46" fish in there is it amazing. Then, I wouldn't hesitate to say that 46-52" are there in NUMBERS. And of course there are always the Eagle Lake "jumbos"...they are in there and available!!! Our final stats for the trip were...
Dan: 51", 48", 44", 39"
Chuck: 47", 46", 45", 43", 41.5"

That above is what was caught. We could have very easily had a few more in the 48"-50" range too, with a little luck. We also lost more in the mid 40" range. But you cannot with them all!

So, what happened Thursday morning? Well, the biggest fish I have ever seen, easily a 45lb class fish & possibly a 50lb class fish, decided to eat my bait at boatside. We had her on for about 15-20 seconds, but she won by barrel rolling the hooks out. I am honored to have been in the presence of such a great fish. It was a privilege to even have the chance to fight her for a few seconds. With the trajectory that the Eagle Lake Musky fishery is on, I have no doubt that in my lifetime that I will get to tangle with another great fish like this!! I believe this 100%!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So there it is. What a week with old friends, new friends, and big fish!! You cannot ask for more than that.

-Dan

Chuck Schranz
08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
To All at AML:

Not much I can add to Dan's above posting...food and accomodations were once againg outstanding...thanks to Traci and her Mom (My Little Flower) and all the girls in the kitchen for making every meal a dining experience.

What can you say about the guides! They all put you on fish and give you a crack or two daily at catching one. Boat placement is always "on the money" even in those windy days Eagle is known to have. Thanks to Cal, Scott J. and Mikie for a great experience. Look forward to fishing with you guys in 2010. By the way Cal, be sure to check your prop after fishing each spot to be sure it's functioning.;)

Herbie...you're the best! Always thinking and tweeking methods known and unknown to try and figure out what makes these beast tick. Enjoy listening to your "theories" and your camp experiences. I've learned many things from you over the years and plan on keeping the radar on whenever I'm around you.

This fishery is truly amazing. So many fish beteween 43 and 47 as Dan pointed out in his post...things will only continue to get better in the future.
Then throw in a couple of those jumbos which are seen on every trip and who wouldn't want to fish this great body of water!

Ending our trip with Danny's battle on Thursday morning and netting a 47" on the second to last stop on Friday afternoon has got me starting the countdown now...only 365 days til we're back!

Thanks to everyone at AML...THE BEST CAMP ON EAGLE LAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Shane Spencer
08-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Dan,

You forgot to mention the giant you lost with Scott on West Long. :)

DanR
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Dan,

You forgot to mention the giant you lost with Scott on West Long. :)
I expect to see Academy Award Nominations as follows:
Dan Rodelli - Best Actor & Best Original Screenplay
Chuck Schranz - Best Supporting Actor
Scott Jeager - Best Director

:D :D

If you could have seen how glued those walleye fisherman's faces were to our boat...it was hilarious!!!

Hey, you gotta keep it fun when the Muskies decide to leave you alone for a few hours!!!

-Dan

Shane Spencer
08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, Scott said it was a beautiful display. It had to be hilarious.

DanR
08-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah, Scott said it was a beautiful display. It had to be hilarious.
;) :D

I had fun!

muskydanno21
09-01-2009, 10:54 AM
I echo all the sentiments above. We had a fun week up there the same time Dan and Chuck were up. My brother got his personal best a fat 49 incher on the last day and allthough we only boated 4 between the three of us for the trip we had lots of opportunities and had 53 fish up the six days we fished with a couple of monsters that were in the low to mid fifty inch range. Conditions were alot of sun and some wind that had fish show up mostly lazy in the weeds for us ,but on thursday things opened up on that misty day on the rocks and they were eating at boatside with evil intentions. We got another 45 on the last day in the weeds and lost another. Got to meet and jaw a bit with Pete and Tex Maina and had some good laughs up there.

Great time had by all Herbie! You and your staff continue to amaze me with your service . Food was great and if we needed it you had it to us instantly all we had to do is ask.Thats why you'll get my return business.

Dan Burrow