PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report August 26

Dick Wilkening
08-26-2009, 07:00 AM
After a couple weeks of vacation I have returned to some great walleye action on the Woods.
I took a group out yesterday and we found the walleyes in about 18 to 22 feet of water. The presentation was 1/8 oz. jigs tipped with leaches. The bite was light but the couple I had with me went throught 3 dozen leaches before lunch. After lunch we started the search for some bigger fish and found them in about 28 to 30 feet of water off one of my favorite points.
The fish in the afternoon range from 17 to 25 inches. Another great day of fishing on the Woods.
Dick Wilkening
Witch Bay Pro Staff

rob4fish
08-26-2009, 11:40 AM
All the fisherman I spoke to near Kenora are having a real problem locating Walleyes. How did you combat the wind over the past few days? I have been fishing with leeches & jigs, extremely slow presentation, but haven't hooked up with many fish. One week ago the fishing was CRAZY!!!! What should I do?

Thanks,
Bob

Dick Wilkening
08-26-2009, 07:28 PM
rob
The wind has been a little rough lately. My feet and pants are plenty wet from water comming over the wave wackers. But the fish are on the windy points and saddles between the islands. Today was no different, in the morning the wind was light and the fish were not very cooperative but as the wind increased the fish started to fire up and by afternoon we finished in 12 to 20 feet of water catching some nice eyes in the 19 to 25 inch range.
In the windy conditions I have been having some of the less experienced jig fisherman go to a 1/4 oz. jig to stay in contact with the bottom and the fish have not seemed to mind the change.
Keep at it and good luck
Dick Wilkening
Pro Staff Witch Bay

rob4fish
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for your reply. I'll take your advice and give it a try. Will let you know what happened.
Thanks,
Bob