PDA

View Full Version : August 24th report

Ty Sennett
08-25-2009, 02:30 AM
I had Phil out again and we had some action but probably not what Phil wanted. We caught a 32 1/2 inch fish and a 37 but the fish Phil lost right at the boat was not good. We've been after that fish all week. Good to see Phil lose that one because I don't think anyone else could take it. Upper Forty inch fish. Hope he sleeps well.....................Not the fish!

Oh yeah, we saw a couple others but does it really matter? Sorry Phil.

Dale
08-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Am I familiar with this particular fish? Phil does have a history of that.

I had her up again on Saturday night. She came 3/4 out of the water and totally missed my pacemaker. She was close enough to it to loop one of the spreader hooks over the leader though. Pretty impressive splash.

Ty Sennett
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Yep, that would be the one. Almost had her. Probably not going to see that one again.

MuskyPippo
08-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Wow, definitely not the bashing I was expecting!!! Thanks, I think...haha. Sorry Dale, knew you guys were after that fish. But hopefully you don't join Jason and Rob's "F$#! you Phil Cali" club.

As always Ty, awesome year and thanks again. Can't wait until next year. WWWD!

Dale
08-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow, definitely not the bashing I was expecting!!! Thanks, I think...haha. Sorry Dale, knew you guys were after that fish. But hopefully you don't join Jason and Rob's "F$#! you Phil Cali" club.

As always Ty, awesome year and thanks again. Can't wait until next year. WWWD!

Jason and Rob have asked me to attend the meetings. Twice a week is a pretty big commitment though...

I had that fish up 3 times and never got a great look at her. Pretty deep follows twice and the other time she was 20+ yards out jumping into the night sky. I know you didn't get her on the board, but were you able to get a solid guess on her size?

MuskyPippo
08-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Twice a week? Wow! Trust me you don't want to join...they don't know what's coming in revenge..haha.

Never got a good look at her because it was night time. Definitely had good weight to her though. Probably hit 40ft out and somehow on a power dive came undone at the boat. It kept it's head down so most of what I saw was the tail and a small amount of back. Would have liked to seen the head but definitely a good fish. I kind of think the fish was even shocked it came undone because it took a second to give us the fin.

MuskyPippo
08-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Am I familiar with this particular fish? Phil does have a history of that.

Just noticed the "Phil does have a history of that" comment..lol Am I still getting flack for the one other one I lost like 4 years ago that I hooked for a millisecond?

Ty Sennett
08-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I had a really good look at that thing quite a few times. Matt Dolezal did also. I think he had it up about five times. Matt thought four foot. I thought it was close to that size also or just under. I've been low on my guesses this year though. The fish are so thick it throws you off sometimes. That fish never left it's little ten foot area. I'm surprised we didn't get it to hit earlier.

So, long story short, thanks for losing that one Phil!

MuskyPippo
08-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Plus I had a REALLY slow net man. IMHO he should have had the scuba gear on already and Frabill in hand ready to dive in for the fish. Cough, cough.

"Phil Cali, burnin' fish since 1981"

Matt D.
08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Ty, was waiting to hear about you running into that fish. I'm not the best judge of big fish because i am not that fortunate to have many in my boat at this time, but like Ty said the impressive girth from head to tail made this fish look quite large. Would have been a nice fish to see out of the water, oh well at least someone had a little fun with her! Best of luck to all on and off the water.

Ty Sennett
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM
yes it would have been nice to see that one out of the water. Once again, everyone say it with me now..............THANKS PHIL!!!!!!!!