PDA

View Full Version : End of August Fishing Report 8/24/2009

Mike Allen
08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Fishing has slowed a little this past week. The guides are still doing well,40 - 70 fish per day. The other boats are having a harder time. The walleyes are still nice sized, 14 1/2 to 18 inches, but they are getting harder to catch. We believe this is a short term issue, but only time will tell. Our water clarity is cloudy for some reason and the walleyes are eating on 2 to 4 inch baitfish.

We are still fishing the same areas depending on the day. Kiowa area to the dam and the grain bens to West Bend. The fish are constantly on the move. We are catching our fish in a different spot every day. Same as our depths of water. One day in 25 feet the next day in 8 feet.
Crawlers have still been best with our trusty Chartreuse Yellow Spinner.

Here is my weekend fishing report. On Sat I fished with a group from Salem, Sd and his son from the Chicago, IL area. We fished the Pumphouse area and caught 40 fish by noon. Earl showed his dad how to real the fish in on this day. On Sunday I took out a group from Des Moines, IA. The bite was a little tricky. With some moving around (4 spots) we located a good school of fish and caught 50 by 1:00 p.m. Today(Mon) we had to move around again (3 spots)located a differnet school of fish, only had 4 fish at 9:30 a.m., to catch 50 fish by 1:30 p.m. When you locate them there is plenty of action.

Some of you may be shopping around trying to see what guide service or area to take your fishing trip. Sometimes you may be able to compare price, but you cannot compare our sevice with our ability to consistently catch limits. When you are looking, make sure to ask some of the friends in your community. Odds are that someone you know have fished with us. Our best marketting tool is word of mouth. Everyguide service will tell you they are the best. Our job is to go out and prove it on every trip.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen