PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
08-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Thursday's half day trip was cut short by the downpour, but my client and I did manage to boat 2 keeper eyes along with 1 big jumbo perch. All 3 fish came on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with leeches over 10 feet of water at the drop of a sharp breakline.

Saturday greeted my 3 clients and I to cool temps along with cloudy sky's and a NW wind blowing. With a mid lake hump producing nothing, we then tried drifting and vertical jigging a shallow underwater point with coontail and scattered stumps on it and found nothing once again. We moved to work the shallow coontail filled bays along with sharp dropping gravel shorelines and managed to pick up 3 keeper eyes along with a good number of small pike on weedless jigs tipped with either fatheads, crawlers, or leeches. On one of our last stops, we anchored just off a sharp break line that dropped from 6 to 10 feet and had some great smallie action along with 1 more good eye. Must have caught 10 or so smallies from this spot, and most of them came on slip bobber rigs tipped with leeches.

Back out today, will keep you posted.