PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report August 20

Jratthelake
08-20-2009, 06:56 AM
We remain in an unstable weather pattern which has kept the Walleye guys on their toes. Very slow presentation with live bait is your best bet. Most fish are being caught in 20 to 35 ft with reports of fish even deeper, alot of smaller fish but good numbers of eating size fish. I have not been checking the shallows for Walleyes but my bet is there are still fish on the weedlines and will be checking that out in the next couple of days, between Musky spots of course.

The Musky fishing has been very good and that I think we can blame on the ever changing weather patterns. Post storm fish in the mornings have been very active with many hookups and follows. Topwater is still generating alot of exciting follows but the bladed baits still rule. My last 4 fish have come on spinners, 3 on the Esox edge HawgHooker series, a CowGirl type bait but much easier to pull(and half the price) and yesterday afternoon I hooked 3 fish on a blue skirted Lucky 7 by Esox Edge, all 3 fish fell to a figure 8 and managed to boat one of them, a low 40 fish. Brad also picked up a fish yesterday, a 40" fish that fell to a HawgHooker. This really is turning into one of the better Musky seasons I have seen and I am really lloking forward to September and October when the fish start to bulk up.

I will post some pics when I get a few more, till then....Take care of your catch and release the big ones......... always.