PDA

View Full Version : Question

AFchris
08-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, looking to put a new reel on a new rod I aquired over the summer:D Whats the diference between the Calcutta 400B and the 400TE excpet about $140.00 I like these reels just don't exaclty recall which one I used.

jimmyb
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Chris,

I've got and use both and love them. I've had them for years with no issues. I do find the TE is supierior over the B. Both when it comes to casting distance and a smoother retreive. But if you're using it for the big baits (double 10's etc), I'd save the money. Casting distance wont be a problem espesially with that rod. I do highly recomend power handles for both. Makes a huge differance.

Jim

Frank Walsh
08-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't use either, and have nothing constructive to add. I do find the occasional guy that prefers the "B" to the more expensive "TE". But again, I have no first hand knowledge.

The purpose for this long winded post, is to suggest you email me when you are ready for either. I might just have one in stock.

AFchris
08-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks jimmy! when we gunna see those secret lures you throw hit the market? Ah the good ole' jimmy b speacial. I'm pretty damn sure that its your fault I want one of these reels. Frank, take a look in the stock and let me know where to send the check

Frank Walsh
08-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Send me an email with the model you want.