PDA

View Full Version : Our week at Flambeau

Packer Backer
08-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Spent last week camping on the Flambeau. Got there Monday and started fishing late that afternoon. Got in 6-8 foot of water and drifted. Got one nice smallie on the first drift, couple of rock bass on the next. Tuesday was slow with only a couple of small pike and one decent smallie. Weds. found a mid lake hump and hammered the smallies, two nice walleyes, and even some decent perch! Thursday was more of the same, got alot of fish workin the humps, mostly with crawlers, 6-8 ft. Friday manged two nice smallies and a couple of hammer handles, left Sat.

The water is loooowww! be careful going out.

The weather was unbelievable! got real lucky. Sat and watched the meteor showers Thurs and Friday nites, just put our chairs in the water, had a few drinks and enjoyed the show!

Gotta love the Flowage!

djs
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I sure wish I was up there for the persieds! This year was really quite the show... even here in the light polluted small city. I just love the stargazing I get in while up there. The flowage seems to be a very dark site for any amatuer astronomer like myself. I typically bring up my 16" scope to look atr the star clusters, and then a good chair to sit and just gaze up at all the stars you can see.
I also have been know to hop in the boat and go out to an island away from everything to just sit and stare up waiting for that super bright meteor to go shooting across the sky.

A good pair of bino's is a must for beginners up there!!