PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
08-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Although Sunday's action was a little better than Saturday's, it was still nothing to write home about. Doing a half day trip on Saturday, my 2 clients and I tried several different spots and structures with fatheads, crawlers, and Gulp alive and found nothing but a few small pike and 1 nice smallie. We then gave up and worked a series of cribs and managed only 4 decent gills and 1 big crappie. Doing yet another half day trip on Sunday, my client and I started out in 6 feet of water over hard bottom with scattered submerged stumps and landed 1 undersized smallie on a Reeves weedless jig tipped with a half crawler, we also had a few hits and misses on this spot before moving on. Our next move was to the wind blown shallow boulders and here we found much better action. With my client using crawlers and myself using fatheads, we boated 2 more smallies on the crawlers, and 3 eyes, the largest being 23 inches on minnows. We worked a few more shallow spots before a storm moved in and we decided to try another day.

Back out today for another half day trip, will keep you posted.