PDA

View Full Version : August 12th -14th report

Ty Sennett
08-15-2009, 12:06 PM
We had some decent fishing the last few days. We only boated three but had quite a few chances at more but didn't pull the trigger. The three we did get were 30,36, and 43 inches. Two on bucktails and one on a Rough Runner. We had Coach Green out again and he caught a 40 inch fish also. He was out with my buddy while I had his son and brother in my boat.

The fish are still going good but not as fast and furious as last week. I think we've boated around 70 fish so far this year from the Chip. That is ahead of last year's pace. Hope the fishing keeps up. Lots of mid forty inch fish being caught lately.

I forgot, I jumped in a friends boat yesterday and helped net a fish that grabbed a crappie. He fought it for two and a half hours on four pound line. The fish was 38 inches. It swam away good and strong. We didn't take it out of the water much. That thing was a heck of a fighter. That was his first fish. He did a great job fighting it.

Water temps are in the upper 70's now.

Leo
08-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Is the long fight for the 38-incher why I saw about 10 boats and a jet sky gathered by a certain island around 4:30 on Friday?

Ty Sennett
08-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Yep. That fish was a marathon swimmer.