PDA

View Full Version : Vets

dpear
08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
A group of Vets from Operation Muskie #1 is here and man those guys fish!!!Hard chargers who really are putting fish in the boat(s).No 50s yet that I've heard of but lots of fish and some very nice ones up to 48.One boat yesterday had 5 fish including two 47s.Sweet!!!!!!!

dpear
08-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Another tidbit on the Vets.Another boat took two 45s and a 48 off one spot!And I don't know the spot.:( Maybe I'd better follow them.:D

jkwiegand
08-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Dick, you know the spot... you just fished them. We were following you all day. That is the beauty of satellites. We convinced Uncle Sam the necessity to track all of your movements. Thanks for all the hot spots.

Thanks for taking time to talk about fishing the weeds. I learned a lot and put it to work on the last night. Finding and correctly fishing the right weeds was a great topic to learn. You and Frank are the Jedi Masters. Thanks to both of you for all of the help!

dpear
08-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Jeff,
Satellites are nothing new to me,30 years ago I occasionally fished with a guy who saw them and would have me sit down and pretend we were jigging.I never saw them but guess they were there.(I'm not making that up.Of course most who fish with me have-or end up having issues.)
Anyway it was our pleasure.Just wish I could have gotten here earlier in your week.
Speaking of the Jedi Master,I hired him to take me out tonight.Wind,rain,then more wind,rain-at times horizontal rain.Well we did well with him at the helm.At one time I boated 3 in 20 minutes in the storm and he's so nice he even came up by me and helped me reel one in.Guess he thought I might be getting tired.(true story)
Take care and we'll be talking soon.
PS Got a 48 this morning on the spot we were sharing.Life is good.:)

jkwiegand
08-16-2009, 06:44 AM
I am sure it costs a lot to hire some one to spend time with you in the boat. Did he charge you extra to reel your fish in?

Ed Spoerl
08-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Maybe I need to follow Chris and Jeff around?

Glad to hear they did so well!

Great bunch of men!

dpear
08-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Ed,would be a good plan.Next trip I'm here we'll go out and compare notes on these guys.
Jeff,I'm sure the bill will be steep when received.Probably a bit more than even I expect cause his 'reeling' for me involves a rod seat that refuses to hold the reel upon a violent hookset causing substantial excitement.Lost a big one a few days ago(I blame his reeling,not my 'rodwork')but last night he reeled and I fought it and we boated it.:)He then proceeded to 'draw' his leatherman tool and tightened it down so hard the rod was moaning yet this morning.The 'repair' bill will be exorbitant I'm sure.

Frank Walsh
08-16-2009, 12:46 PM
That's not all that was moaning this morning!

jkwiegand
08-16-2009, 05:51 PM
You guys are scaring me... I heard how Scarlet moans.

I heard you have been having problems with your reels coming loose with a fish on. I am a lot cheaper and younger and do not moan! Might need to bring me a long some time. Then again, I am not nearly as funny as Frank.

Frank Walsh
08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I did not say bitch&moan. Spelled that way to avoid the swearing po-lice.

Here's the cast of characters. Got any more from the other guys????

dpear
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Looks like a fighter pilot 'flying high' to me.:)

jkwiegand
08-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Not sure what is more exciting... flying fighters or muskie fishing. Dick or Frank... want to trade jobs for a while?

Here are pictures of 2 I caught with Ed Spoerl. Ed is a class act! Not only is he an incredible guide but a great person. He works very hard to put his clients on fish. He can really "read" the fish and teach you how to respond to find and get those stupid fish to strike!

Frank Walsh
08-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey, I used to fly a Piper Cherokee. Eat your heart out.

AFchris
08-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Don't you gaurd guys ever work? Nice fish Jeff! Gunna have to wait a least another month or so before the waters cool down a bit before I can start loosing some muskie lures. Been passing the time bass fishing, lifes rough :D