PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

Jratthelake
08-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I have been here for nine years and had never fished with Brian Langowski before, untill today. We have always talked and shared stories over the years but have never gone out and fished. Brian came solo this year and is hangin with the Hardins. This opened up an opprotunity for us to try some Musky fishing,

Brian had done a little in the past and certainly has all the gear, and today we put it to the test. Brian was fishing a topwater bait he had purchased at a Musky show from an oldtimer that made the baits right there at the show. We did not see a fish on our first spot but at the second spot we fished he hit a nice fish on his fourth or fifth cast, the fish made a couple of nice short runs, they played tug of war for about 2 minutes before Brian gently led that fish head first into the net. It measured 47 inches and had both of us shakin at the knees. We gathered our composure, camera and release tools, which we did not need as the bait worked itself loose. Brian reached in the net like a pro and hauled that fish out for a couple of pics and set her back in the water, a thing of beauty...Nice Job Brian.

We also saw several other fish this morning and on our way back to camp decided to hit one more spot where we proceeded to boat our second fish of the morning, a nice, but definitly not as thick as the first fish, 45 incher. We had one more hook-up with a low 40 fish on our first spot in the afternoon but lost that fish, we saw three more fish after that and finished off the afternoon with a 33 inch Northern. We had warm temps, low winds, a bunch of active fish and great company, this is one day I will not soon forget. Thanks Brian

Brian_G
08-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey Wayne, if Brian is still there, please say Hi to him for me. I had a similar unforgettable day with Brian and his Dad several years ago, only our quarry that day was walleye.