PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk Fishing Report 8/12/09

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Tough fishing this week with the changing weather conditions and water clarity down to nothing with the alge bloom.
Lures that make a lot of noise are working best.
Water temps are climbing again.

Bass, topwater action is working well and its a blast when these fish explode on the surface, Hula Poppers and Jitterbugs are the best lures this week. Early morning hours are the best time.

Pike, nice fish, size is average anywhere from 20 to 29 inches. Boo Yah or Northland Buzzbaits worked with the weed edges, use dark colors.

Crappies, fish the bridges and trestles, action is slow but you should catch enough for a meal. Just use a small fathead and slip bobbers.

Perch, scattered, bigger fish are in the deeper weeds. Use leeches or beavertails with small jigs or slip bobbers.

Walleyes, a nice 22 inch walleye today (Tue.) out of Lake Alice. We found walleye's in the shallow weeds and also on the deep rocks. Jigs and large leeches are catching the most fish. During the daytime try Rapala deep shad raps on the rock bars use silver or silver and blue for colors.

Muskies, topwater action this week really took off, use lures that throw lots of water. Best action has been just after sunrise.

Good Luck
Dave

supra8795
08-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Anything new for lake alice this week? Looks like im heading up there next wednesday after work.

08-18-2009, 09:36 AM
What we have heard the last couple of days are Perch, Gills and Bass. Perch and gills been coming out of the weeds, 3 to 4 feet down. Fish the pockets with slip bobbers and leeches. Bass are hitting Rapala Shad raps (shallow) in a bluegill pattern. Fish up from the A bridge. A nice 42 inch Muskie was caught and released this morning (Tue) This fish was caught on a small cowgirl.

Dave

supra8795
08-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Not much crappie or walleye action then?

08-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Not much that we heard of this week, some on Mohawksin using Leeches.

Dave

supra8795
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Im defenitly trying leeches this time.

Mark Benson
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Dave:

Had a fella into the Rollie & Helen's Musky Shop last night. They were wondering about guides in the Tomahawk area. Of course first guy that comes to mind is Bryan, but when I go to look for his card, I can't find. Later that night a nice fella from Tomahawk comes in and I ask. He tells me that he thinks Bryan is guiding out of Aquatic Arts. Let me know and I can send Tomahawk lookers your way...

Mark

08-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Mark Bryan does not guide anymore, last I heard he moved to the Appleton area. We do have other very good guides for this area.
Thanks
Dave

Mark Benson
08-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Next time I will just get them to contact you at AA!!! Thanks for the info.

Mark