View Full Version : Handling a Muskie Class

Muskie Matt
08-07-2009, 07:28 AM
This is just a hoot... Pete and I use an artificial muskie to demonstrate handling techniques, I was in doing some studio work and a group of kids wanted to hold the muskie and it turned into a mini-seminar of how to correctly hold a muskie without slashing your fingers... of course they all had to have their photo taken with "Fred". What a hoot! Small happenings like this is why I do what I do... check out the little tyke, he could barely hold up the fish but, by God, he was determined. All these kids are future muskie anglers...

Sid Chigger
08-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Too Cool - A Stuffed Fred!! I had no idea ya had one!

You do good work with those kiddos, Matthew! Keep it up!

I put together a 1st cut of "Fred - The Video" today..

Check it out here at Youtube.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0jDHl2_6iI)

Depending on your connection speed, you may need to hit pause as soon as it starts and let it load - watch the red bar.. Let it get half way or so then hit play and it should be "buffer free".. It's a large file.. :-)

Mark Benson
08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Sid:

Way Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listened to the version from the radio show and haven't replayed it, though will soon. Starting the show, I am assuming that you were solo on the guitar and vocals, with the late addition of Matt and his ooooo'ing...

The addition of the violin is very compelling and the video is very nicely thought out. I need to watch it again, but on the first run through, I especially liked the father/son part on the dock & the video captured from the show. I wanna watch it again soon, but gotta run for now.

Mark

Sid Chigger
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah Mark, that was me on gtr and the singin/story tellin.. Matt and Big Daddy did the Oooos and I tried to get the Game Wardens to sing along but they kept their hands on their guns the whole time trying to rattle me.. :-)

The vid has the latest version of the song from the Studio here.. It's got the extra gtr, bass and fiddle.. I shot the "floating" Sid yesterday in front of a "greenscreen" - my first attempt and was tickled to death I got it to the point it is.. I tweaked on the vid some more today and have a few other things I want to try before I put it to bed..

Thanks a lot for watching (and listening), Mark! Hope it brings ya a smile! :-)

SC

Mark Benson
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Big smile, Sid, big smile!!!

Mark