PDA

View Full Version : August Fishing Report 8/3/2009

Mike Allen
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
The fishing has slowed a little over the week. It seems the walleyes are a little more particular about the presentation. 58 degree weather and rain can do this. The guides are still catching 60 - 120 fish per day. We are expecting this to be about a 1 week minor slow down and the fishing to pick back up to the way it was last week.

Here is my week fishing report. On Tues and Wed I had a family from Hartford, SD. On Tues we fished the West Bend area and caught 110 fish. Maddy and Jackson (children) really enjoyed the hot walleye action. On Wed it rained with 58 degrees. The kids and wife toughed it out to catch 40 fish by 11:00 a.m., with 1 hour sitting on shore. Excellent fishing considering time and conditions. On Thursday I fished with a group from Walnut, IA. We fished from the West Bend area to Lower Brule. Caught fish in almost every spot. We ended up catching 100 fish. It took some work to find the numbers, but eventually we found them. I did not fish on Friday and Saturday due to hosting a bowling convention with PBA Bowler Brian Voss. On Sunday I fished with a family from Kiron, IA. We fished until noon and caught 50 fish. A fishing trip to remember. We fished mostly in the Lower Brule area.

The fishing is still excellent in the same areas on both reservoirs. The depth of water has been changing a little every day. The walleyes are chasing shad, so they are on the move.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen

PS Norma is doing good. Her spirits are excellent. She goes in for her 2nd treatment at Rochester on Monday. She is very greatful for all the thoughts and prayers. I will try and give an update on her health once a month.