PDA

View Full Version : How fast on the retrieve?

Triggerfinger
08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Have you guys found that faster more erratic retrieves have been producing the most? Double Cowgirls are one of my favorite baits, and I prefer to keep them moving fast. I'm wondering if I'm missing anything by not slowing down. Opinions???

DanR
08-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Have you guys found that faster more erratic retrieves have been producing the most? Double Cowgirls are one of my favorite baits, and I prefer to keep them moving fast. I'm wondering if I'm missing anything by not slowing down. Opinions???
It's not one or the other...try both until you get results. On the double bladed baits, sometimes the fish like it slower (and running deeper) at first & then sped up as you get to the boat. Sometimes they just like it burned in all the way. Same for baits like grandmas. Sometimes really ripping it aggressively works better. Other times, just a slow roll with a few "tap-tap's" on the end of your retrieve is better.

Mix it up each day until they "tell" you what they want. :)

Hope that helps.

-Dan

Triggerfinger
08-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Dan-

Thanks for the response. I'll try mixing it up. It'd be nice to find that one thing that triggers fish, but just like people, they all have their own individual preferences on any given day.