PDA

View Full Version : July 28th -30th report

Ty Sennett
07-31-2009, 06:33 AM
We have had quite a few opportunities at fish the last few days but none in the boat. We've had four or five hooked fought and gone and some pretty good ones at that but that's what guiding is all about. You've got to learn how to loose fish before you can learn how to catch fish. Even John Straple(AKA Crappiano) got in on the action yesterday loosing two good fish. I haven't been out in the evenings the last few nights but probably will tonight.

Good luck everyone and sorry for not posting the last two days, we had a little glitch in our computer.

Downsouth
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Ty...

While Musky fishing in general always has a big aspect of unpredictability to it (I think that's a real word), has this cool July made it a bit tougher than average to baot fish with regularity?

Ty Sennett
08-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Not at all. We are usually getting at least two chances a day at fish. You have to remember that with guiding you don't always get seasoned veterans to the sport. We don't always catch the ones that hit because even with as much coaching as someone gets, learning the hard way is still what happens. This year we are getting by far more chances at fish. Hopefully we boat a few here and there but more importantly I hope the people that hire me learn what went wrong so that it doesn't happen again the next time.

CRAPPIANO
08-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Had a good time that morning. It was good to get away from the family for a bit. Really cool seein that fish come in like a freight train after the pacemaker. Wish that fish would have committed. I should have used that other rod though, probably would have caught those other two, that's why it's called fishing not catching. Too bad the action died after a few hours but that was a pretty long window. Thanks for rewiring that bait too. Hey, u interested in an 8'h Okuma rod? I'll trade for a couple baits ;) lol. I'm gonna try to sell a couple rods so I can get two of those 9'rs, I'll call u on that in a few days.