PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
07-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Not much to report on about the fishing action on Wednesday and Thursday, except that it was lousy. Doing a half day trip on Wednesday, my 2 clients and I fished several different areas only to find 1 good eye along with 1 big smallie and a decent sized perch, will mention we also boated 4 very small pike, these fish came on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with a half crawler. Out of all the spots we fished that morning, we ended up catching everything out of 1 small shallow wind blown pocket that had several patches of coontail. On Thursday, my client and I fished just over an hour before stormy conditions sent us packing. What little time we did fish, we had only 2 bites and we caught them both, 1 rocky along with 1 little smallie.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

St Croix Kid
07-31-2009, 08:28 AM
hope it's better in mid August! Donnie I think I am staying down in Phillips. I will give you a call. Let me know where you would like to meet. I could meet you at the landing you go out of.

Don Pemble
08-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Meet you at Fisherman's Landing on Popko Circle.

St Croix Kid
08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
got it. want to meet a little later? around 9? i think I have about a 45 min drive from Phillips?

Tom502
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
St Croix Kid -

From Phillips to Fisherman's Landing (off Popko Circle) is at least an hour and 15 minutes. If you were to meet Don at Springstead Landing your driving time is approx 45 minutes.