PDA

View Full Version : Scent

ryanmitchell
07-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Has anyone ever added scent to any musky baits? If so what kind of juice? I have some yamamoto worm scent and some spray stuff, but that is meant for bass. I was thinking about putting some onto something like a swim n joe or jig or a bucktail. Is there scent made for muskies?

Mark Benson
07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Ryan:

R&H has two types of scent. One is from Dr. Juice called "Muskie-Northern Pike Fish Scent" and the other is "Pro Cure's Bait Sauces and Butters". They range in price from $5 to $7.50. If you want more info regarding let me know, I can get you a little bit more...

Just got back from Mille Lacs and was hoping to spend a little time with a friend from Hayward on the Chip. He had duties to attend to. After thinking about the fact that ML now has zebra mussels I passed as I was unable to pass a car wash to wash the boat on the north end of Hayward. Sounds like fishing is better over here than in MN even as slow as it is over here.

Mark

ryanmitchell
07-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks Mark. Have you ever tried this stuff?

Cold Front
07-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Have never tried them but have heard good things about the ProCure Stuff

Mark Benson
07-30-2009, 09:19 AM
ryan:

Other than the Dr. Juice Walleye years ago, I have not. Don't know that I found it to be a help or not back then.

I looked at the stuff earlier this year and still have not gone for it yet. One of the reasons I was intrigued by it again was a couple of the flat water shows from FL talk about scent all the time. While I was in FL a couple of years ago, the guide I fished with had us doing spot and stalks on redfish. A walleye type medium action rod, 20# power pro, flourocarbon leader, a 1/4 oz. jig with a plastic shrimp tipped with a small chunk of shrimp. They would woof it!!! Talk about a hoot!!! Up to 12# fish, with fish averaging 7#'s in 4 feet of water making the drag sing!!! Since then the guys on these flats shows have been using Pro Cure instead of the chunk of shrimp... Got me to thinking... If it turned the trick on one fish, and it may, it could be worth the max $7.50 investment...

Mark

Ifishskis
07-30-2009, 10:16 AM
I have used Dr. Juice northern/muskie for many years...although not religiously. I think it helps but be careful using on bucktails. I've had the stuff ruin hair that wasn't deer hair. I actually like the smell of the stuff!!! LOL!!