PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about fishing in September.

supra8795
07-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Well we are planning on coming back up to Lake Alice the first weekend in September. This will be my first time fishing this late in the year up there. What is fishing like in Sep.? What are the temps. usually like? Should i expect crappie and walleyes? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Dustin

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Weather should be in the 70's but then who knows the way this summer is going with the cool temps. You should hit the walleye's real good and the Smallies at this temp are very active. Crappies I would think would be good too but I never fish for them at this time of the year (Always after Walleye's) Sept is a great time to be on the water.

Good Luck
Dave

supra8795
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Great that is just what i wanted to hear. Anybody else have experience with fishing in September?

Lucas lake
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Surpa, I would agree that this is one of my favorite times in the northwoods, would only take late May and the first two weeks of June over it. The temps are great. The only problem is getting over the loss of day light. I've done very well chasing Muskies during this time. No need to start early, wait until 9 or 10 as the sun starts to warm the water after a cold night. I've had luck very swallow on rocky shorelines by fallen trees and also in shallow weedy areas. Dogfish can also be chased in these shallow weedy areas. I've had good luck with them when ever I down sized a bit while chasing Muskies. Some in the upper 20" area. Try the river by Kings dam for Walleye and Muskies later in the month. Slow your baits down and increase your live bait size. Now all of these spots are on the Mowhawksin( I've only fished on Alice twice), but found the fishing tactics to be the same. Good Luck and Tight lines.