PDA

View Full Version : Ruhmann...You Won't Believe This.

Frank Walsh
07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Have a front rolling in here at dark that just ejaculated a major lightning bolt right smack in the middle of the bay. I have never seen this, but it turned your GPS on.

Muskie Junkie
07-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Wow, that sure is interesting. Hope everything is still in working order. Lightning must have hit the website also. I logged on (3) different times to get back to replying to this message. It first took me to my personal messages, then to another message board. Weird. My other GPS is going to be sent directly from Lowrance to the Baystore, hopefully in time to use it when I arrive. See you then.

Steve Ruhmann:p

Ed Spoerl
07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Frank,

Speaking of GPS's.....
Whenever I turn my front deck GPS unit on, the default position (until the position is acquired) is your dock.
My counsel unit always defaults to the last known position until satellites have been acquired.
Maybe my front unit is trying to tell me something?
Ed

Mr Musky
07-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Lightning on Lake of the woods totally sucks! Two weeks ago we were tucked up on the Northside of Monument on a Tuesday nite and a big boomer athon came rolling in, we decided to stay in our boat because the rock studed island had no place to slide up our fiberglass boat. Well shortly after a bolt hit within 40 yds of us. I saw nothing but yellow/orange and I hit the deck, it struck the island right where we would have been standing. That friggen sucked! I was very very happy to make it home that nite. Had we been on shore I might not have been typing this. That's no B.S.

Mr Musky

Frank Walsh
07-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Happened again yesterday. I pulled the plug. Not the drain plug. But you never know.

dpear
07-30-2009, 07:13 AM
No big deal,just proof that Lowrance is from a different world and that their software people are aliens.