PDA

View Full Version : todays cc report

musky-god
07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
went out today and my dad got this 37 incher 17 pound muskie that put up a huge fight!! we also had a muskie hit my dad's lure and it got off and then i casted right on the other side of the tree and it blasted my lure and i got to fight it for about 10 seconds and it through the bait..so we decided to let that spot rest and when we came back we raised it about 4-5 more times! and then we went to another spot where we had the same type of thing happen, my dad had a muskie smack his lure real fast and then we saw like 3 more porpiouse so he was the lucky one today but ill catch up and beat him next time were out.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp247/musky2547/P6020125.jpg

Tom Dietz
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Great fish and photo, guys! Kepp up the good work! My stepson, Kyle and I also had a lot of action today, as Kyle had three different muskies hit his bucktail to no avail. Kyle is only 11 and he is still learning the whole hook setting deal, and one of the fish hit him in a figure eight (at least a 40"er!) that scared the hell out of him and me with the big splash, and she got off.

Good to see things are active down at the lake, and the cooler than normal water temps are a plus. Also, there was a major fly hatch going on, and there were bluegills and shad everywhere feeding on them, and I suspect the muskies are up chasing these bluegills and shad throughout the lake. Going back tomorrow morning for another shot!