PDA

View Full Version : weather?!?

glennb
07-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Wow, I can't believe the weather forecast for the upcoming week! Mid week lows upper 40's and highs lower 60's? Oh well, it could be worse and I could be at work. Any different lures we need to bring up that is working in these cold waters?

rpreston
07-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I am also concerned with the current weather pattern through the Eagle Lake area. I will be coming up in the first week of August and it looks to be raining most of the week we are there. I'm taking my kids and worried that the weather and the fishing is going to be hard.
I'm staying positive but starting to wonder?

Steve Herbeck
07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
weather is weather and we can't change it,and the weather reports change like the wind. the last 2 weeks going in were supposed to nice all week and we end up with 2-3 days and then 2-3 days rain.
however as long as you come prepared for all types of weather which you should regardless of the weather reports the fishing has been excellent.
we've so far had 6 muskys 50"+ this week,tons of walleyes to over 30",bass to 5#,and trout to 20#.
i've seen it better but i've also seen it much worse with better weather patterns so it is what it is.
come prepared,enjoy the outdoors for what it is for better or worse,many times the very best fishing is on off weather days and seasoned anglers look forward to it.
i'll be posting a report tomorrow,sorry i haven't recently but i've been swamped guiding,running camp,taking care of guests,etc running from 5;30am-11;00pm and i just don't seem to have the stamina i had at 20.
also a bunch of new pics will go up from the past 2 weeks soon.
really fishing has been good i wouldn't worry about that part of it to much.

rpreston
07-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks as long as the fishing is good I will be able to deal with the weather. Thanks for the update Steve.