PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
07-22-2009, 06:48 AM
What a difference a day makes, or maybe a change in weather is what it took to get the walleye a little more aggressive. Monday's half day trip was a repeat of Sunday's action, very poor to say the least, my 2 clients and I spent our half day working as many structures and ended up with just 2 eyes and 1 big perch, these fish were taken out of 8 feet of water over hard bottom and were taken on Reeves jigs tipped with half crawler. Tuesday was all together different as we had good overcast along with a stiff south wind blowing, and much more aggressive walleye action. My 2 clients and I spent the day working various structures with Reeves weedless and Horsehead jigs tipped with either half crawlers or leeches and ended up with 8 eyes, a 19 inch smallie along with 1 big perch, bluegill and a good size pike. Also had several throwback pike and a few other smaller throwback smallies. All but 1 eye came out of 3 to 4 feet of water in and around boulders, the other came out of 6 feet over an underwater hump.

Back out on Thursday, will keep you posted.