PDA

View Full Version : July 16th report

Ty Sennett
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I had Sara and Dennis out yesterday and the weather was absolutely crappy. It was cold and a strong northwest wind. We did manage to get two fish to hit. Dennis caught one in the morning and Sara caught one in the afternoon. She was a little green in the morning from losing at cards the night before. Both were mid thirty inch fish and I think were their biggest fish. I think we were fortunate to do as well as we did. We didn't switch baits all day. They chucked the same thing all day long with no complaints. Great time with great people.

After dinner I went out with my brothers for an hour and you would have swore a couple clowns escaped from the circus. Probably the worst figure eights and casting and reeling techniques ever. Tim has the ever popular one handed reeling with with the rod between his legs while giving the fish the shaky jazz hand with the free hand to tease them into hitting. Tom....well Tom's just rediculous. He got in his wide leg football stance and tucked the rod in his belly like he was going to fish for a shark when one nailed his Stillwater about twenty feet out. He ripped an upper thirty inch fish about ten feet before loosing it at the boat. At the next spot Tim had one eat his Rough Runner and I had enough time to say Tim I think you have one before he decided to set the hook. His timing is impeccable. If I get everything done today we might fish for an hour or two. I think I need a video camera with those two knuckleheads. The sad thing is they really are great fishermen but they have a hard time showing it. Keeps things interesting.