PDA

View Full Version : Is Ruhmmy leaving his boat there?

Figure8Phil
07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Steve,
I'm not sure if you're going to do this or not, but I've heard that "if you are going to leave your boat in Canada so it will be there when you return 2 weeks later that you have to fill out a CBSA report Declaration, without it if your boat is stolen or damaged while you are back in the states, the Canadian Govt. will not help in any way in trying to locate your boat".
Does anyone out there know if this is the case? If he left it at Oak Island MN, would it 'technically' still be in the U.S. and not be an issue? Can someone pass the word on to Steve Ruhmann for a FYI?

fishwizard
07-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Nothing "technical" about it as far as I know. Oak Island and Young's are in the U.S. and unless Ruhmmy drags his boat to the shell station to leave it there or somewhere, it should be a non-issue. I've left my boat at Frank's for weeks and months at a time, on several occassions, and although today things are stricter border-wise, I've never heard a peep from them about not having my boat with me when coming and going. If things have changed and they don't want you doing stuff like this anymore I'd certainly be interested to hear about it.

Ryan

Sully
07-17-2009, 12:51 PM
yah...and what he said....:D

Mike Kanaval
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
That's a long swim from Youngs Bay back to BSC on his return trip. I found this to help him get back to camp! Looks like it will fit him perfectly!!

Mike Kanaval
07-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Whos going to steal this anyway...