PDA

View Full Version : Trolling for Pike

pikester
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
I was just wondering if tralerman could give me some tips on Boy Bay and Bear Island. We stay at Northland lodge but go to the south end of bear island trolling for northerns. I was wondering where the houses were in boy bay you were talking about. We fished out of Battle Point lodge many years ago, wondering where your spot was from there. Do you think that the # 5 mepp will work on the south end of bear? Do you have any other spots that family could troll for pike on the southside of the lake? Any suggestions would be helpful.

tralerman
07-17-2009, 06:14 PM
if you look on a leech lake map on the left side of the boy there is houses. there is maybe 15 homes with dock's out in front. when you find the houses then look out in the bay you will see the grass line out there. fish somewere by the grass line. from shore to grass line is about 400 yards. If i only had 2 lures in my box it would be a black with a silver spinner and a white and silver. one big thing is to get them before you go. I can't find the colors i like up there any where. So i go to bassproshop.com and get them. you want
black buck tail with silver spinner
white with silver spinner
yellow with gold spinner
yellow with silver spinner
brown with gold spinner
brown with silver spinner

jwelch
07-30-2009, 10:44 PM
My tip for catching pike. Put anything that gives off vibration on the end of your line and troll or cast any weeds you can find. It seems like pike are everywhere.:)

Jeremy