PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
07-16-2009, 07:51 AM
With the big front that moved thru Tuesday night with all it's thunder and lightning, the walleye action left a lot to be desired. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with half crawlers, my 2 clients and I pounded the flowage for 8 hours and came up with only 4 keeper eyes. No pattern at all as 2 came from shoreline boulders, 1 out of the coontail, and 1 out of 8 feet of water over a gravel bottom. We did boat a few smallies during the day along with 1 gill and 1 big perch, oh ya, and lot's of small pike.

Back out on Friday, will keep you posted.

rugermii06
07-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Don-

First off, I thoroughly enjoy reading your weekly updates on whats been happening on the flowage. I have fished the flowage for 20+ years and was taught how to catch walleye on the flowage by the late great Arlan Wanta. I just wrapped up a camping fishing trip on the flowage this past weekend through Wednesday and found it to be very tough fishing. It seems that the old stand by spots that have always produced walleyes just aren't producing like they use to produce or I am finding smallmouth on sites where I use to ONLY catch walleyes. Have you noticed a change a similar change over the years?

My father and I are looking to make another trip up in the fall, can you let me know what kind of rate you charge and what the process for booking a portion of a day on the water with you runs. I feel I have a good knowledge of the flowage (from Crow's nest cove to the horseshoe) but I struggle when times get tough like this past few days and I am looking for some help to get me through the mid-day lows or for pulling walleyes out of the river channels during frontal passages or during the middle of the day.

Thanks for all your weekly updates,

Eric Mark
rugermii06@yahoo.com

Don Pemble
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Erik,

Check out my website for my rates or e-mail me for them.

dpemble@centurytel.net

coach126
07-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Don:
I was wondering if you ever fish mercer, or if you could help me out with just a couple tips. thank you.

Tony