PDA

View Full Version : The Last 24-36 Hours Muskies MOVING!

Pete Stoltman
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
This last day-day and a half the muskies seemed to respond to the approaching storm front. I had numerous reports of muskies caught and almost everyone who was fishing had some action of follows, hits, and fish in the boat. The highlight was a guy who caught his first musky ever a beautiful 51" that hit on a Mepps Musky Marabou. I'm trying to see if I can get a photo of that one to post. Seems like the surface bait bite turned on pretty well as a good amount of guys reported hits on stuff like Topraiders or other prop baits. Pretty sure Muskie Matt might have something to add to that. Also lots of reports of muskies hitting bucktails and small to mid sized crank or jerk baits. Most of the action was shallow over weeds in the 5-8 foot depths. The cloud cover that came in along with the increased humidity seemed to be the trigger that got these fish going. As I write this we are having mixed cloudy/sun and the storm front that roared through about 10:00 pm last night has moved on. Hope that the fishing continues to produce but as we all know. Every day is different. Get out there and see for yourself what's happening!