PDA

View Full Version : Mid July Fishing Report 7/13/2009

Mike Allen
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
It has been another fantastic week of fishing. We are still fishing from Lower Brule to north of Iron Nation. 11 to 20 feet of water has been best. On the southern part of Lake Sharpe the fish are a little deeper (20 - 30 feet). We are catching 14 - 20 inch walleyes. The smallmouth fishing has slowed. On Lake Francis Case the walleyes are biting from Kiowa area to the dam. 10-20 feet of water has been best.

Here is my weekends fishing. On Thursday and Friday we had a group of 9 classmates from Sioux Falls, SD. On Thursday my boat caught 70 walleyes and chased other species. First we tried smallmouth(failed), then we tried catfish (failed). At least the Miller was tasting good in the afternoon. Decided tomorrow we would only target walleyes. On Friday we caught 110 walleyes by 12:30 p.m. Everyone in the group had an excellent trip. I did not fish on Sat. (20 yr class reunion).

On Sunday we had 5 boats of 4H children and parents from Albert Lea, MN. We had an excellent day. Between all of our boats we caught around 600 fish. In my boat an 18 inch smallmouth was almost the last fish of the day. I do not know who had more fun the children or the guides. There is nothing that is more fun than watching kids enjoy themselves catching fish. Thanks to Kelly for puting it all together. What a fantastic day!!

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen