PDA

View Full Version : July 13th Report

Kevin Lee
07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Kenneth had a 1/2 day trip this afternoon. The high winds made for very tough boat control and they only caught a couple throwbacks and just one keeper. Sounds like they should have ran into the river (he thought about it). He said the water temps. on the bay continued to fall all afternoon dropping to 53 degrees in some areas. His clients for the next two days are flexible, so we rescheduled them to a later date hoping the water will warm back up. Have you ever seen so many north winds???[/SIZE]

fonzypoo
07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Are you talking about this evening? I was at the launch at the end of the escanba river today from 6 to 8pm before heading to the black bridge. The wind was only a slight breeze and there wasnt any white caps out on the big water. Seen a dude in his conoe fishing out at the last red marker out on the big water the whole time, where were you fishing? When i was on the peir catching gobies i was thinking to myself how nice it was and wished i had my boat running so i could get out there. Only got a smallie and a walleye home to clean tonight.

Tugboat
07-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Kevin or Ken,

Do you think after after 3 or 4 days the walleye get used to the cold water and need to eat, or does the water temp need to be going up?

I'm amazed at the amount of walleye Ken catches on his charter.

CaptainKenLee
07-16-2009, 08:04 AM
If you go back and look at recent catches, you'll see that when we had nice stable warm weather the fish have been biting o.k., some days we had 15-20 keepers in just a few hours. On the days after strong cold fronts and decreasing water temps, the catches have been way down. Seems like everytime we get some nice weather, it's followed by strong north winds that blow the warm water out again. Not a nice weather pattern this summer...