PDA

View Full Version : Border Crossing Question for anyone...

jhillman17
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Leaving for NW Angle on the 24th and brother drops this...

So, it has just come to light that my brother about 5 years ago got arrested for a public intox here in indiana. Do you know if that will cause any problems coming across the border? Have you heard of anyone getting turned away for that?

I know they don't allow DUI's, but have never heard of something as minor as Public Intox causing an issue.

He called the consulate and they said that it may or may not cause an issue(so no help there). I don't think it will be an issue, but just wanted to see what everyone's experience/knowledge would say about it.

I don't know if the new passport requirement are being used more for tracking or criminal records...so I just really don't want to drive 18 hours up there and have him get turned away at the border.

Anyone have any issues or experiences with similar situations?

Frank Walsh
07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
I have never heard of it, but to be sure I would call Canadian Immigration:

(807) 852-3968

They are really getting tough lately.

dpear
07-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Tough indeed.Definitely call.Definitely don't play phone games at Youngs Bay,Jim's corners,Cyclone Island or wherever else you deal with C Customs.
If you don't have a RABC for whatever reason,now you can expect trouble if you have a disqualifying 'past'.Remote call in sites are now tougher,more thorough.
Step through all hoops.