PDA

View Full Version : Topper Style Baits

ryanmitchell
07-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I want to add a little topper style bait to the arsenal. Ideally I want to get a bright colored one to throw on sunny days. Not the loud pop you get from a pacemaker or raider. I have read about the Bonnets, Heddons and Surf-orenos. I want to get the best recent version of that type lure.

Some of the one I am looking at are:

Mouldy's Topper Stopper
Musky Buster Top Buster
Hifin Top Prop
Cisco Kid Topper
Bitten Tackle's new Buzzer
Stillwater?

Any feedback would be great.

jkahler
07-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Topper Stopper is a good bait. I have a Stillwater that sounds good but I never throw it...so no fish so far on it.

Chuck Schranz
07-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Hey Ryan:
Actually I've enjoyed quite a bit of success with the Cisco Kid Topper. It's definitely one of my confidence baits. Caught fish on the orange but black has given me way more action. Usually throw it when there is a chop on the water. Small profile and not a lot in the way of turbalance when compared to Ty's Stillwater but the fish seem to like it. Good luck in your choice

Chuck

Ty Sennett
07-10-2009, 03:32 PM
The Bitten one is also good. I also have caught a few on the Musky Buster one. Both are made really well.

ryanmitchell
07-10-2009, 05:04 PM
That bitten one looks really nice. I guess you like these baits or you don't. Just looking for a little changeup from the loud proppers. Thanks for the info from each of you. I sure am filling up the lakewood box at a disproportionate rate to the number of muskies I catch. For some reason though I am only discouraged for a couple hours after each outing before I jones being back out there again putting the puzzle together.

Ty -btw the way. I got that tiger looking (black/orange) Pacemaker last year at the Chicago show. We were fishing Okauchee on Monday and a ski blew that lure 2 feet out of the water like a shark playing with a seal. Also had one hooked in the same area on a small glow bulldawg. The dream team as I like to call us, known on this site as cubbiebill, me and I think my brother is quickstrike are hitting it hard tomorrow. The three of us were together when I caught my big one, and we have had a couple special days on the water as a trio.