PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' Jiggy on July 8th 2009

Kevin Lee
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
My wife and I went out with my brother Kenneth yesterday evening. We left the Gladstone Harbor a little after 4:30 and was back here at the resort by 9:00. We had a great time even though Kenneth kicked our butts! I think he had 3 keepers before either Theresa or I landed our 1st fish. He went on to catch his limit in a pretty short time. Theresa and I just plodded along catching one here and there as we watched Kenneth release fish after fish! She was having a hard time keeping the crawler on her jig. I started out trying all different forms of Berkley Gulp, but eventually had to switch to the real thing. There have been times I have done really good on Gulp, but yesterday, real nightcrawlers definitely made a difference. Chartreuse seemed to be the best color on the jigs. We saw water temperatures from 58-61 degrees and had the best action in the 61 degree water. All in all, a great evening on Little Bay de Noc. See you on the water…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EaaNIMAndk

CaptainKenLee
07-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I had a great time too bro', was nice to finally get out on the water with you and Theresa. It was nice to see the fish are still biting too, I hadn't been on the water in the last 10 days. The bite wasn't great, but the 14 keepers I landed all engulfed the jig pretty good. I'm glad we quit fishing shortly after 8 p.m., with charters coming up I didn't want to give too many fish a sore mouth. Just kidding...but next time you can have the front of the boat, because everybody knows the person in the front of the boat catches most of the fish! Already looking forward to next time...

peanutbutter soup
07-09-2009, 09:46 PM
i've been getting some fish pitching cranks over rocks in the evening. it's nice to see a jig bite. nice fish!!:)

Singing Fisherman
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey Capt Ken, Save some of them there 'eyes for the rest of us! And btw let's see who out fishes who come Sept. I mean we all know out-fishin' Kev's no big deal. Obviously Teresa had an off day, or you'd have been in trouble with her. So let's see how you do with some serious compeition :)
Good to see you guys are catching some fish and having a good time doing it. Take care and we'll see you soon.