PDA

View Full Version : Flambeau Fluffy does it again

The Tiny Fisherman
07-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Through the forty plus years we've caught hundreds if not thousands of smallmouths on the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage. But leave it to Fluffy to be the first to catch a largemouth bass on the flowage. I couldn't believe it, so I thought to share this rare event.

Here is the real kicker, she was running the trolling motor and she got a rat's nest in her line. So she went to the back of the boat to work on her line. I went up front to run the trolling motor. The next thing I know is she is real quiet, so I turn around a catch her grubbing through my tackle box. She freezes and looked like a deer caught in the headlights. That didn't stop her, she puts on a lure and on the very first cast catches this largemouth bass.

You got to love that Fluffy!

Have a great summer and catch the big one,

AnglerAl
07-07-2009, 04:05 PM
That is SO awesome! I haven't seen a largie in eons. See you guys in 5 weeks. We'll have to stop by, 'cause I have some more trinkets for Fluffy.

Lisa

mikesgotone
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Every year I seam to pull one out of the flowage. But its always outside the entrance of blair lake and its always only one. never been that big though. Way to go!

The Tiny Fisherman
07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks Mike, of heard of some people getting them, but never saw it for myself. Fluffy will have to log this one in her big book of records.

Lisa, I take it you saw the fancy hat Fluffy is wearing (Angler Al's Tackle Company). As always, looking forward to your visit. We'll tip some longnecks.

Have a great day,

St Croix Kid
07-08-2009, 07:39 AM
and a nice sized one at that!

George
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Way to go! First time I've seen one on the TFF.

ski2313
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow... definitely a nice fish.. I've only caught one out there, and that was years ago. Fluffy's could have eaten mine for a snack.

gus
07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Leave it to Fluffy.On one of your baits nontheless.Shhhish:rolleyes: