PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding July Fishing 7/6/2009

Mike Allen
07-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Our fishing in July is still excellent. We are catching 80 - 150 plus fish per day. Our size is running from 14 - 20 inches. We are still doing most of our fishing from Lower Brule to West Bend with some fishing done in the Iron Nation area. There has also been scattered reports about good fishing by the dam. The best bit on Lake Sharpe has been from 11 - 20 feet of water.
The smallmouth bass has slowed a little in the past week.

Here is my weekend fishing. On Friday I took out a family of 4 from Lake Mills, IA. We fished around Iron Nation and caught a few and then went across the river on the high banks. Fishing was excellent. Our group caught over 80 fish, quit fishing at 12:30 p.m. The two kids, Sonja and Lewis, caught most of the fish. What a trip!! On Sat I took the day off, and fished with my oldest daughter. We fished the West Bend area. Caugth 25 fish by 9:30, loaded the boat to go join the rest of the family. (Sonja, Lewis, and the family had another excellent day with guide Dave Olsen) On Sunday I guided a group from the Fort Dodge, IA area. We fished the West Bend area again. We caught 100 fish by 11:00 a.m. and went smallmouth fishing. Caught 30 - 40 smallies. The fishing weekend does not get any better than that.

On a side note. Dad's wife(Norma) got diagnosed with lung cancer. She will be taking treatments in Rochester, MN starting next week. They will be coming home this weekend and going back to start treatments next week. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Mike Allen